Answered

Alexa With Sonos

• 4 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +1
When will Sonos integrate with Alexa? I see all of this information about the Sonos One, which sounds really cool, but from my reading if you already have an Echo or Echo Dot, you will be able to use that as controller as well - correct?

I currently have several Sonos Connects in a central closet connected to in-ceiling speakers in all the main rooms of our house. Will I ever be able to use Alexa to say "Play X in the kitchen" and have the Sonos play from the in-ceiling speakers or no?

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by Skelton 4 October 2017, 22:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Friend you need to do a little more reading. Everything you can do with Sonos One you can do with your Echo devices.

Start here:
https://en.community.sonos.com/amazon-alexa-and-sonos-229102/alexa-sonos-how-it-works-6791310
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Don't forget this one too!
Badge +1
Thanks - you guys are quick - got uber excited and couldn't find the answer I was looking for, but this is incredibly helpful.
Badge +1
How do you make Spotify default music player? Whenever I request play “Rolling Stones” it will automatically select from Pandora. Thanks!
How do you make Spotify default music player? Whenever I request play “Rolling Stones” it will automatically select from Pandora. Thanks!

Spotify is not supported at launch, but it is coming soon. For now, you can initiate a Spotify queue from the Sonos app, then use voice control to play, pause, skip, control volume, etc.