Question

Alexa play 181.FM The Buzz

• 20 February 2018
  • 4 replies

Hi,

Has anyone managed to get Alexa to play 181.FM channels. Alexa kept telling me she did not know the channel. So I manually selected it via the app. Whilst it was playing, I asked Alexa what was playing. I then asked Alexa to play the channel repeating what Alexa had said, but it still did not work.

Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Alexa can only know what's playing when the playing is initiated by Alexa. If you used the Sonos app to start playing the station, that's why that part didn't work.

After trying this again, if you could submit a diagnostic from your Sonos system, then reply with the confirmation number along with some screenshots of the station(s) from the Sonos controller and the relevant section of your Alexa command history (in the Alexa app, go to Settings then scroll down to History), those would probably help Sonos out. Also, were you giving the command through a Sonos One, or through an Amazon Echo device?
Hi Mike,

It is a Sonos One. So, when I ask Alexa what is playing, is she just reading the what is playing from the app and doesn't actually know.

Not sure how you send diagnostics, but I will have a play.
Just to be clearer. When I select 181.FM The Buzz on the app and the ask Alexa what is p laying she says: One Hundred And Eighty One dot FM The Buzz Alt Rock from tunein.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I updated my first post with a link to info on submitting diagnostics, likely as you were replying.

So when you tried again, you said it like "alexa, play station one hundred and eighty one dot fm the buzz..."? You may need to add "...from TuneIn" as well, so she knows what service to look for it on...