Answered

Alexa in canada

• 8 November 2017
  • 57 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

57 replies

Anxiously waiting as well. Is there a beta program for Canadian users/skills that people could join to help smooth the edges?
Still waiting.....
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, I just made the announcement for 8.4 which includes Alexa on Sonos in Canada.

Available today, English language control for Amazon Alexa is on the Sonos One in Canada. You can go to the More tab in your Sonos app and tap Voice Services to enable Alexa on your Sonos One.

The beta of our Sonos Skill for Alexa is now available in Canada as well, which you can install and use to wirelessly send commands from your Amazon Echo or Dot devices to your Sonos players.

To get started, enable the Sonos skill in your Alexa app.

Please note Amazon Music isn't quite ready on Sonos in Canada. More details can be found here.
Userlevel 1
Way to go Sonos!!! Alexa has arrived
Badge
Yeah!!!! Just got the email from Sonos that Alexa as well as Amazon Prime Music on Sonos in Canada has arrived! I went to add the Alexa skill in Amazon.ca remotely but got the message that the Sonos devices need to be updated first. 😞 Oh well, something to look forward to setting up when I get home.
Badge
Awesome! I just did "Alexa, play Debbie's stuff in the Kitchen" and it played my wife's Spotify playlist on our Sonos Kitchen speakers, first try. Nice!