2 speakers as a center channel

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

27 replies

I just wired the speakers in Parallel ( two lefts and two rights). The Sonos amp can handle it fine… I use Sonos 1’s as my surrounds. Agreed that this is not ideal - but its what I have without investing in a soundbar (already have the amp and good speakers).. I really wish the amp would provide a “real” centre channel connection instead of “virtual”. 

Right! Well I'll need to find a couple of cheap book shelve speakers. 

Is it better than the 2 floor standing speakers? 

I would not run out and buy something for this setup. I simply had them already - they were my surrounds from my original 5.1 setup. If you have a pair hanging around there is nothing stopping you to hear the difference. I went of the premise that the Centre channel sound would be better closer to the “center” even if it is virtually coming from four speakers in this case. I also run my setup most of the time for movie and music video. I have the  loudness and the Speech enhancement turned on for movies - I quite often find the voice dialog too low. Hope this helps, again this is not perfect. Cheers.