Unable to connect One SL to WiFI

• 30 November 2020
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I am unable to connect this speaker to my wifi network. I live in a care home and I have no access to the router, so I am unable to use an Ethernet cable. I have tried everything, including resetting the speaker several times. No dice. This is the result I get. On doing what it says the system tab is greyed out. Looking at the wifi network, I can’t see the sonos attached.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @KWJ.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community since you already tried some troubleshooting steps let me help you further.

I suggest contacting the IT personnel in charge of wifi access.

There might be some misconfiguration, firewall, or even restriction on the router that might not be compatible with Sonos.

Sonos system requirements

With any luck, you might have access to access the router.

Here are router settings that need to be verified. You can contact your ISP or the manufacturer of the router for assistance.

a. Auto channel must be set to Off

b. Choose best non-overlapping channel (1,6,11)

c. Set channel bandwidth to 20MHz

d. Both 2.4GHz and 5GHz should be enabled

e. 802.11 band should be set to b/g/n

f. Airtime Fairness should be disabled

Let us know if it works. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know

Thank you Mark. Unfortunately I do not have access to the router as I live in a care home. The IT staff will not change any parameters as the WiFi is shared amongst many residents. Is there anything else I can do? It seems strange that this product has problems connecting to the WiFi whereas my desktop computer, laptop, phone and tablet all connected quickly and easily. Visitors’ phones also connect with no problems.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @KWJ.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

Sonos has its own protocol in setting up the speaker, the only option I can think of for now is asking your IT personnel to set up the speaker on your computer, laptop, and phone.

Show them this link Sonos system requirements maybe they are willing to help you out.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.