Sonos stops playing when streaming pandora or spotify

• 19 October 2013
  • 16 replies

My Sonos stops while streaming music. Works fine playing music from ipad, or iPhone playing Spotify and playing through the line in (connected with audio cable and set to line in on Sonos controller). Wifi speeds seem fine.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

16 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Julie,

Could you please Submit a Diagnostic and send me back the number via this thread? Also I would like to have a SpeedTest of your installation. I will have a look at it.

Thanks.

Pierre
Hello Julie,

Could you please Submit a Diagnostic and send me back the number via this thread? Also I would like to have a SpeedTest of your installation. I will have a look at it.

Thanks.

Pierre

I'm having same issue with spotify. Here is my diagnostics #3221337. And my speedtest is showing 25 down and 5 up.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Julie,

Thanks.

Pierre

Hello, you seem to have wireless interference on your system. Could you please Change the Wireless Channel to 1 and 6 and submit a diagnostic for both. 

Thanks.
Hello Julie,

Thanks.

Pierre

Here are diagnostic codes for each channel: 3222908 - channel 1 3222910 - channel 6
Hello Julie,

Thanks.

Pierre

One thing to add. There were only channels 1 and 6 on the Netgear 2G wifi. The channels were much higher for Netgear 5G. My iPhone uses 5G wifi. Should I change the network on my iPhone to 2G and resubmit diagnostics?
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Julie,

Thanks.

Pierre

Hey Mike,

I can not see any trouble on the diagnostic. Could you please let me know what is the frequency of the dropouts? Could you please wait for an audio issue and submit another diagnostic within 20 minutes? 

Thanks.
Hello Julie,

Thanks.

Pierre

3227823 - diagnostic submission for spotify issues
I'm seeing the same thing.  Spotify tracks play fine for a while, then stop.  Speed test reports 9Mbps down, 3 Mbps up.  

diag #3227858
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
I'm seeing the same thing.  Spotify tracks play fine for a while, then stop.  Speed test reports 9Mbps down, 3 Mbps up.  

diag #3227858

Hey Kevin, I would suggest to wire directly the Receiver to the Router and power of the BRIDGE. Then power cycle all your installation and try again.

Thanks.
Userlevel 5
Badge +3
Hello Julie,

Thanks.

Pierre

I can see still some wireless interference on the BRIDGE, would it be possible to wire directly the PLAY:5 to see if you still have the same issue?
My Sonos stops playing Pandora after a while too. Seems like it's always at a song break when it does, and not in the middle of a song. I submitted a diagnostic ticket #6476449.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
My Sonos stops playing Pandora after a while too. Seems like it's always at a song break when it does, and not in the middle of a song. I submitted a diagnostic ticket #6476449.

Hi Hoverlover,

It looks like your speaker is losing connection to your wireless network from time to time. This could explain why your Pandora playback stops on its own. It may help to change the wireless channel on your router to channel 6 or 11.

Pandora also has an 8 hour timeout where it will stop a stream if playing that long with no input. How long does it usually take for Pandora to stop playing on your Sonos system?
Thanks Jeff. I'll try switching channels. I think it has more to do with the Pandora time limit, though. I like to leave the music playing overnight and expect it to be playing when I get back in the office. I have a Pandora One account that I pay for, and didn't know they had a time limit on that type of account. Thanks!
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Thanks Jeff. I'll try switching channels. I think it has more to do with the Pandora time limit, though. I like to leave the music playing overnight and expect it to be playing when I get back in the office. I have a Pandora One account that I pay for, and didn't know they had a time limit on that type of account. Thanks!

You can set up alarms to keep the stream alive. Just set an alarm to play the same station that goes off before the 8 hour timeout. This way it should continue playing for a while longer.
my pair of sonos one speakers stops playing pandora between songs as well. diagnostics #8210846
I have the same issue, pandora just stops and the frequency of the stopping is increasing. Does someone automatically reply here from support team?