Just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience?
I sent a Playbar (£699) back for a refund over 3 weeks ago, this was part of the 100 day money back guarantee as it had been purchased 2 months earlier. The next working day i received an email to say it had been received and a refund would be issued within 7 working days.
This did not happen.
On the 8th working day i phoned to query and was told that the refund had been done (i now know this to be a lie) and the money would be with me by the end of the week and to phone and query again if i didnt get the refund.
Come Friday, no refund.
I phoned again on and i was told by someone that were looking into it and they would create a ticket for me. An hour later i received an email from Sonos opening up a case for me with the message 'Unfortunately we are not able to do the refund back to your original method of payment as the authorization that was taken from your payment has expired. Hence we would like to proceed with the refund via bank transfer.'
To be honest i don’t understand what this means and have never heard of anything like this before but anyway, i gave my bank details as requested and was then told that it would take between 10-15 working days, which seems an awfully long time to me. 5 working days later, ive had no refund and so i decided to call my bank here in the UK who said 10-15 days is nonsense and that an international money transfer should take no more than 4 days.
I dont think this is good enough from Sonos. I now have a credit card bill to pay and as im sure you will all agree £699 is a lot of money for them to be messing me about with. I have phoned again today and apparently my case has been escalated, to the financial team.
But to my utter astonishment i have received an email asking for my bank details again, from the same person (Dylan) that asked for them last week and who subsequently said it would take 10-15 days. Not only that the bank details I provided last week are further down the page on the email thread!
Clearly the refund has not been done. So, another lie
I have said if i dont have the money back by the end of next week i will be forced to make a complaint and forced to claim a chargeback with American Express. I really dont want to go this route, i love the Sonos products (the Playbar was simply too big for the room it was intended for) but im certainly going to have rethink if i buy anymore moving forward, and so should all of you if you are thinking of trying something out with 100 day returns procedure.
Id be interested to know if anyone else has had issues like this and what the outcome was ? At this stage i do not know what to do and where to go from here and Sonos are not being straight with me. £699 is a lot of money!