Question

what products woild fot my needs

• 30 December 2020
  • 1 reply

I purchased a Port to work with my existing amp and speakers. Since then the amp has stopped working and I have decided to go all in with Sonos. All I have from Sonos is the Port. I want to play music in my living room, connect my turntable (which is in an adjacent room) and connect via audio cable to my existing outdoor speakers. My thought was that I need an Amp and could hook my Port into my turntable allowing it to connect to the network. Then get a speaker for the main room and hook that and the current outdoor speakers to the Amp. Does that sound correct? Are there better options?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Your plan would work, with one consideration.  Using a single amp for both your living room and outdoor speakers means that both areas will always play the same audio and volume.  If that won’t work for you, then you would need to get a speaker switch or a 2nd amp.

It might make more sense to get another 3rd party amp to get with your Port, one that A+B speakers with separate volume built in, for your living room.  Then you could get a second Port, or Amp, or Five in your adjacent room (if you can’t connect it to your original Port logistically) as needed.