Two Receivers - Sonos needs?

• 24 November 2018
  • 6 replies

Hello,
I saw the Sonos system and was impressed with it. The question I have is...

I have two home theatre receivers..One of them is upstairs hooked up to speakers that are in the living room and kitchen, while the other one is downstairs hooked up to a home theatre. I want to be able to play the same music on both systems at the same time. I can't connect them with any cables since they are in different parts of the house.

What Sonos equipment do I need to buy? Is it even possible?

Thanks for your time and help.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Two Sonos Connects.
So basically hook one to each receiver and then they will "talk" to each other over Wifi? I was thinking this would be the way to go but I didn't really want to go out and buy two connects and then have it not work.

Thank you.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I have had that setup and it works very well.

I did find there was a bit of a delay from one AVR, turned out to be slow internal processing and switching the slow one to direct mode fixed that. You could only notice if you really listened for it (inspired by an AVR internal delay discussion here) at one small spot in the hallway between the two rooms. After playing with this I turned the audio processing back on.
Hey Stanley. Thanks it good to know someone else has done exactly what I’m wanting to do.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Glad to help. My setup is now two Connects (well ZP-80s) 3 Play 5s, a pair of Play 3s and two Play 1s.

I just taught the grand daughter how to group the whole lot of them together and play "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" after Thanksgiving dinner. Grandma was not amused. Grand daughter thought the Connects and AVRs were a pain, too many buttons and too much walking around. She likes the Sonos Speakers much better. Maybe if Grandma isn't too grumpy I can show the munchkin how nice the new Sonos Amp is after Christmas. 🙂
Sounds like a good time.