Answered

TV audio through multiple zones

• 16 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Good day, i have searched through the history and am still unclear of what my best option is.  Apologies if I’ve missed it.

Currently i have the Sonance MAG 6.1 set up for my back yard.  This system has a sub and six landscape speakers running to a single Sonos amp. Sounds great.

My patio has a TV that i would like to integrate and be able to both play the TV output just on my patio (separate from the landscape speakers), as well as with my landscape speaker or just through my landscape speakers.

I have yet to purchase the audio (speakers/amp) for my TV patio, would in ceiling with a sperate Sonos amp or sound bar (beam/arc) enable the above desired end state?  Would i need something different?

Appreciate any intelligence you can provide.  Thank you.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 16 April 2021, 20:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

A Sonos soundbar or Amp connected to your TV will allow you to play the TV audio through your Sonance speakers. You will just group the  soundbar or Amp to your current Amp. There might be a slight delay from the Sonance speakers with TV audio though. Music will be in sync.

Also, if you want to play the TV audio only through your Sonance speakers, you’ll have to turn the volume down completely on the soundbar or Amp connected to the TV.

Thank you sir, thought it would be this simple but i’ve been fooled before.  Appreciate the feedback.  

Note that the signal to your Sonance speakers will be stereo. Not sure if you were expecting a 5.1 signal to that 6.1 set of speakers. 

Don’t think that should be an issue, landscapes surround the pool so not a deal breaker.  Thanks.

Yea, I wasn’t sure, and just wanted to be extra clear. There are some people who would have expected it, but Sonos just doesn’t support that kind of thing, although you could do a 4.1 with two Amps and a powered subwoofer. But there would be challenges there, too, around outside/connection to the TV, etc. 

But better to know up front, and not be angry with us when it didn’t work the way you could have wanted.