Stereo - wifi - Sonos system

• 27 March 2022
  • 6 replies

I want to listen my cd and LP with sonos system what kind of stero I have to buy? I don't want to use cable but connect the steeo with Sonos in WI-FI way

6 replies

Any existing stereo CD/Turntable/Amp HiFi system with a line-out can be to connected to a Sonos device that has a line-in (Port/Amp/Five etc.) Also many such systems that have a Bluetooth transmitter can also connect to the Sonos Roam, or Move speakers. In the case of the Roam, it’s Bluetooth audio input can be shared with other Sonos products through device ‘grouping’ over the local WiFi network. 

Any existing stereo CD/Turntable/Amp HiFi system with a line-out can be to connected to a Sonos device that has a line-in (Port/Amp/Five etc.) Also many such systems that have a Bluetooth transmitter can also connect to the Sonos Roam, or Move speakers. In the case of the Roam, it’s Bluetooth audio input can be shared with other Sonos products through device ‘grouping’ over the local WiFi network. 

Hi Ken, thank you so much, actually I don’t have a good Stereo, can you please recommend a good brand?

Hi Ken, thank you so much, actually I don’t have a good Stereo, can you please recommend a good brand?

Gosh, I haven’t used CD/Vinyl for well over a decade, so I’m probably not the best person to advise you here. I much prefer local and remote digital streaming to my Sonos products these days and my CD/Vinyl collections are now long stored away, probably 10 years+ since I listened to music on vinyl… and all my CD’s were ‘ripped’ to digital storage and then set aside.

In the past I’ve personally used brands such as  B&O, Dynatron, Sony, Technics, but I guess it comes down to the kind of money you wish to part with and whether that’s going to run into hundreds or perhaps several thousands of dollars.

Maybe state your budget and perhaps others here might be able to offer some suggestions.. but personally speaking I much prefer to listen to the devices myself, before I buy, as I think we each have our own preferences (and budgets) when it comes to audio equipment.

There are also several manufacturers that claim a ‘works with Sonos’ badge, with some amount of integration. 

What do you mean by a ‘stereo’?  Do you own a turntable?  CD player?  Amplifier?  Speakerd?

That being said, these days, if I wasn’t inclined to rip things as Ken suggests (but I am, and I have), I’d be more likely to ignore an external amplifier and just use the line ins on the various Sonos devices.