Answered

Sonos Upgrade Program

• 5 January 2022
  • 9 replies

I just took advantage of the 30% Upgrade for my old Gen 1 Sonos:Connect and purchased the Sonos Port.  It says I have a backorder till March which is fine. Can I continue to use my current Connect until I get the Port, or do I need to send it in before I get the new one?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 5 January 2022, 22:30

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Userlevel 7

You can keep and continue to use the Connect even after upgrading. It is not a trade-in program.

Read the FAQ on this page:

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/upgrade

You don’t need to send it in at all, unless you wish Sonos to recycle it.  You can continue using it, or give it away if you wish.  Just make sure the next owner knows it’s not eligible for upgrade.

Thanks for the information.   It is much appreciated.

Hi, can I just confirm my understanding.

if I upgrade my Playbase to the Beam (Gen2] I am under no obligation to return the Playbase. If I choose to, I can sell the Playbase on providing I make it clear that Playbase can’t subsequently be upgraded by the purchaser. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Hi, can I just confirm my understanding.

if I upgrade my Playbase to the Beam (Gen2] I am under no obligation to return the Playbase. If I choose to, I can sell the Playbase on providing I make it clear that Playbase can’t subsequently be upgraded by the purchaser. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Correct.

Jgatie - thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Not to belabour the point: but, in an upgrade scenario, the “obsolete” Sonos product can be gifted to someone else with full functionality (aside from the inability to have it be upgraded again)? Like: they can associate it with their own S2 app without problem? Are they also eligible for support from Sonos? Does Sonos actually recognize them as “Sonos owners” (if this is their first Sonos product)?

Yes, to all your statements. The only key difference is that the device can no longer be used as an ‘upgrade’ trigger, but all other functions remain, either in your own network, or as a ‘new’ device in someone else’s home. 

they can associate it with their own S2 app without problem? 

Provided it is S2 compatible, of course.