Answered

Sonos Sub with 2 One's.....however

I have two ones, one in the kitchen and one in the living room.  There are no physical walls separating these spaces and the speakers are about 30 feet apart. I’m considering adding the sub but I’m looking for affirmation that this new setup will sound good.  Because of space limitations the sub would have to be placed in a corner approximately 20 feet from each speaker.  Thoughts?

icon

Best answer by Kumar 18 May 2022, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Go for it. Let your ears decide on the result, and best position for it.
But, the Mini-sub may be launched soon. You might want to hold off and get two of them instead.

Are your 2 Ones setup as a stereo pair, shown as one room in the Sonos app?  If not, and you have two separate rooms, be aware that the sub needs to be bonded to one of the rooms, it won’t be it’s own separate room or shared between the two rooms.  For example if you have a kitchen ‘room’ and living room ‘room’ setup in Sonos and bond the sub to kitchen, then the sub will only play when kitchen is playing.  If you temporarily group the two rooms to play in sync, the sub will play at the kitchen speakers volume.

Since this is not anywhere near a typical configuration, the thing to do is see if it works and return the Sub if it does not. Remember to do Trueplay tuning of the set up before making the final decision - especially of the speaker + bonded Sub.