Sonos Speaker Comparison Charts

• 19 March 2019
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7

a5c0b1a6-5488-4e46-afad-484c42ff3459.png

Updated: 05/15/20 (see Note below)

These charts were developed to give you a snapshot feature/design comparison of Sonos all-in-one speakers. They are separated into two groups...those generally associated with Music and those generally associated with Home Theater. However, depending upon the application all the speakers in the charts can be used cross-functionally (Sonos Move has some restrictions).

The charts should not be used as the determining factor for your buying decision. They are merely an aide to be used as a starting point based upon your individual/personal need(s). Every situation (while on the surface may appear to be similar) has specifics that does not fit into a "one-size-fits-all" scenario. The Community is still here to offer counsel and suggestions to assist you in building your ultimate Sonos system.

NOTE:

1. Information regarding Sonos Music Speakers for the Sonos Five; the successor to the Play: 5, and how it differs can be found in FAQ’s 
  2. information regarding TV Enhancement Speakers that includes the Sonos Arc can be found here.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Intended room size, do you have dimensions of this?
Been looking at the Playbar, but as it has no HDMI-ARC (which means I can't change the volume on via my TV remote) and looks.....dated, I was re-looking at the Beam. But the system I want has to be wall mounted, and the Beam does not look so great wall mounted. If I know the dimensions of a 'Medium' room compared to 'Large', this might help me decide. (also looking at the Samsung HW-N850)

Shame there is no Playbar 2 with all the features of the Beam but the speakers and power of the Playbar
Userlevel 7
Hi Natjur

Intended room size, do you have dimensions of this?
Beam is perfect for a bedroom or room slightly larger. Playbar and Playbase will accommodate larger spaces such as a family room or combined kitchen/family room setting. There are no published recommended room dimensions.

Been looking at the Playbar, but as it has no HDMI-ARC (which means I can't change the volume on via my TV remote) and looks.....dated
Correct the Playbar does not have HDMI-ARC. However, it can be controlled by an infrared (IR) TV remote by following Playbar setup instructions in the Sonos app. Just curious...what made you think you couldn't use your TV remote? I actually use my TV and Cable remote.

But the system I want has to be wall mounted, and the Beam does not look so great wall mounted. If I know the dimensions of a 'Medium' room compared to 'Large', this might help me decide.
There are various mounts for the Beam and Playbar (click the link). Regardless of the room size any full-size soundbar should not exceed the width of the TV.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/accessories/accessories-for-your-tv

Shame there is no Playbar 2 with all the features of the Beam but the speakers and power of the Playbar
Agreed!
Badge
I thought the play 5 had 3 midwoofers, not 6?
Userlevel 7
@Tyzz_a

Good catch! It’s been 5 months and no one caught the typo! I guess Sonos sold a lot of Play 5’s 😀

Will get it corrected.

how’s the arc ? Is it a good purshase