Answered

Sonos In-ceiling speakers

• 20 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Looking for some advice on a remodel.  We have an open family/kitchen/dining section that are re-doing and I want to install ceiling speakers.  For the Family room area, I already have an Arc soundbar.  I was planning to buy 1 amp and 3 in-ceiling speaker sets.  I would position 2 sets in the kitchen and dining section to ideally pair together, with one last set of speakers positioned above the couch to pair with the Arc.

My question is should this work? Do the ceiling speakers pair separately as a set or even individually? Or is it by the amp (so all 3 sets/6 speakers are one control/set of music)? I’ve read some other posts and it didn’t seem clear to me at least.  

Any help or thoughts would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 March 2021, 06:57

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

A Sonos Amp acts as one zone, meaning all speakers wired to a single Amp will play the same content at the same volume.

For your setup, you would need at least two Amps - one Amp to power the pair of speakers above your couch that will act as rear surrounds for the Arc, and one Amp to power the two pairs of speakers in your kitchen and dining area. If you want the kitchen speakers to act independently from the dining area speakers, you would need a total of three Amps - one Amp for each pair of speakers.

Thank you very much! That was what I worried about.  Looks like I’ll need to get two amps if I want to set it up this way or not.