Answered

Sonos bridge has died, can I replace with a boost?

• 3 July 2018
  • 2 replies

My bridge seems to have died, no lights anywhere on it, I can’t find a suitable adapter to try to rule that out, I may order one but if that doesn’t work can I order a boost instead of it? I have all original Sonos speakers, 2x play 1’s, 2x play 3’s, 2x play 5’s and a Sub.

Thanks in advance,

Jason.
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 3 July 2018, 22:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

You can replace it with a Boost, but there is an adapter available from Amazon (the adapter is a known weak point):

https://www.amazon.com/T-Power-Adapter-Wireless-Streaming-Network/dp/B00SA9GGHY/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1530640200&sr=8-7&keywords=sonos+bridge+power+supply
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
I'd try the new power supply first too, it is inexpensive and more than likely to work.

If you can wire any of your Sonos speakers you might be able to get by without the Bridge or Boost, that should be tried if possible.

Only then you might think about a replacement. Consider getting a Play 1 or One instead of a Boost, nearly as good for SonosNet (a bit less noise rejection I think) and for a few bucks more than a Boost you end up with another speaker.