Skip to main content
Question

Sonos Ace and Sonos Pro-Ject

• 8 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I want to add a Pro-Ject to my sonos system.  I also want to listen to my vinyl using Sonos ACE headphones.  What other sonos product must I purchase to make this work?  I do not have an ARC and suffer from all the outdated Sonos equipment I have -- it all sounds and works great but is quickly obsolete when Sonos adds new products -- it ages so quickly.  Help?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

At this time, the Ace is only able to connect to the Arc to play TV audio only.  Other than that, it will connect via Bluetooth.  You would need a turntable with both Bluetooth and a Line-Out with a preamp, and a Sonos device with a Line-In (Port, Amp, Five, Era 100/200 w/ line-in adapter). Then you could connect the Ace via Bluetooth, and the Line-Out to the Line-In for all other Sonos speakers. 

Userlevel 2

jgatie -- do the Sonos turntables comply - are they bluetooth capable and do they have a Line-Out with a preamp?   Is it possible to configure the Sonos products to work or are you saying I need to buy the turntable from a different company?   If the Sonos turntables are not capable today, will they be at some point in the future or are the turntables not a priority for Sonos? 

I love my sonos products and am hopeful.  Thanks in advance for your response

Userlevel 6
Badge +6

Pro-Ject make them, as do others.  You don’t need the Sonos / Pro-Ject collab version.

Bluetooth & Streaming Turntables - Pro-Ject Audio USA (pro-jectusa.com)

And then you can choose any headphones you want that are BT capable and there are plenty to choose from.