Question

Sonance Patio/Garden Question.

• 10 September 2020
  • 1 reply

I am looking at the Patio/Garden series and had a few questions,

Are the Patio satellite speakers the same as the Garden?

I assume I need to get a connect or something similar to fold into my other sonos system, correct?

If I am wanting to listen to what is on the outdoor TV, do I just connect the optical out from the TV to the optical in on the amp? and will i be able to pair that with other connects i have throughout the house?

I have noticed some of Patio versions on sale and could get two of them for the price of one Garden, bonus would be an extra sub, but getting back to my outdoor TV sound question, would I be able to pair the two Patios connects together to listen to what is on the outdoor tv.

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

I am looking at the Patio/Garden series and had a few questions,

Are the Patio satellite speakers the same as the Garden?

Sonos and Sonance are not the same company.  Might be best to contact Sonance for that quesiton

I assume I need to get a connect or something similar to fold into my other sonos system, correct?

You could get the Sonos amp to power the speakers or get a 3rd party amp + a Sonos Port.   Both would make your speakers a Sonos room in your system. The Sonos amp replaced the Connect:amp and the Port replaced the Connect.

If I am wanting to listen to what is on the outdoor TV, do I just connect the optical out from the TV to the optical in on the amp? and will i be able to pair that with other connects i have throughout the house?

The Sonos amp doesn’t have an optical input, it has HDMI-ARC.  Most modern TVs also have HDMI-ARC so this connection is what you would use.  If using an older TV, then you could connect using optical with Sonos optical/HDMI-ARC adapter.  You can’t use a Port with a TV.

I have noticed some of Patio versions on sale and could get two of them for the price of one Garden, bonus would be an extra sub, but getting back to my outdoor TV sound question, would I be able to pair the two Patios connects together to listen to what is on the outdoor tv.

Thanks!

Again, you can’t use a Connect for a TV, You could get a Sonos amp for a TV, then group it with a Second Amp.  They would be in perfect sync for music, but slight out of sync for TV audio.  You can make adjustments, but you won’t be able to get both Sonos amps in sync with the video. You also have the option of using a single Sonos Amp for 2 pairs of outdoor speakers, assuming you’re using typical 8 ohm speakers.