should I just get the rear surronds? 🤔

• 24 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I know this is just a subjective individual need but what I love about this community is personal feedback on your own experiences…

I am a recent ARC owner who was going to build out to 5.1 over time, after reading about the bass ‘issues’ and loving bass from my old Denon setup I ordered the Gen 3 sub which arrives this morning - very excited 

Now all that is left is the rear surrounds. 

Should I enjoy the addition of the sub for now or just get it complete with a Sonos ONE SL WiFi Speakers With Vogels Floor Stands Bundle Black?

I won’t get ATMOS (for now) with my current 2016 Samsung which has ARC and the majority of watching is Netflix which is DD 5.1 in South Africa. 

Your views are most welcome 😊

Russ

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

No doubt in my opinion that adding the rear speakers makes a massive difference to the home theatre experience. And if you also listen to a lot of music and don’t have a separate hi-fi system or Sonos speakers dedicated to music, then the rear surrounds greatly improve the music experience as well in my opinion. I started with a pair of Ones as the rears, but since upgraded to Fives as I do like my music!!

I’m now trying to figure out if I can find space in the room to place the Fives up front as dedicated music speakers and revert to Ones or even the Ikea Symfonisks for the home theatre rears. For home theatre alone, I think the Fives are overkill as the smaller Ones did a great job of filling in the surround sound content.

I’m also hoping that Sonos will modify the ecosystem so the single Sub can be shared between the Arc based home theatre system and my Fives as a music system. This enhancement has been discussed a number of times on the community forum, but no news on it becoming a reality.

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

I just added One SLs to my ARC and Gen 2 Sub set up and I’m blown away by the immersive audio. 

Yes, its pretty nice with Atmos source!. The bombing scene in the first episode ofSseason 1 of Jack Ryan is great!