Question

Replacing a bridge with a boost

• 9 September 2017
  • 3 replies

I having been using a bridge connected to the router since day 1 and it works perfectly. I intend to upgrade and replace the bridge with a boost. The sonos system tells me that I have already 1 sonos element connected to the router and propose either to connected the new one (boost) to the router or elsewhere; 1) does this mean bridge and boost can be both connected to the router and work together with no conflict ? 2) if so, will I get better results connecting the new boost to the router also or elsewhere ? 3) if not, how to proceed to replace existing bridge with new boost ? Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If it works perfectly why are you changing? But if you do then you MUST add the Boost without connecting by Ethernet, choosing to add elsewhere. Once the Boost is part of your system, take the Ethernet cable out of the Bridge and plug it into the Boost.

No point having them both wired.
Hello John B, I am expanding the wifi coverage to some new remote areas ... I am under the understanding that the overall wifi boost performances are better that the bridge' ones, I hope this is correct. I will follow the procedure you outlined, thanks you / grazie mille
Prego. In that case, you may find a use for the Bridge, unwired, to act as a signal repeater to more distant Sonos units. Once one component is wired to the router, all components are potential repeaters.

The Boost is more powerful than the Bridge, you are correct.