Answered

Project Turntable + Project Pre-amp

• 5 September 2023
  • 3 replies

hello everyone,

I am looking for help to setup my turn table.

Currently, my Sonos setup is mainly for Home Theatre. It is a 5.1 setup comprised with Arc, Sub, Amp driving the 2 passive rear ceiling speakers.

I have an old Pro-Ject turn table with a Pro-Ject pre-amp that I would like to incorporate in the Sonos ecosystem.

Since my Amp is already setup to the 2 passive rears, I cannot use it for the turn table. So I think I need to look for a Sonos speaker that has line-in capability to drive the turn table with its build-in amp and allows me to include the turn table to my Sonos setup. Am I thinking this right?

Prefer result would be a Sonos product compatible to the S2 app and allows the turn table to play across all my Sonos products.

Thank you for any advice.

Eric

icon

Best answer by jgatie 5 September 2023, 20:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

You are correct.  If you are looking for a speaker, you can choose the Five, or an Era100/300 with the line-in accessory dongle. 

thank you!

to be cost effective and works with the S2 app, I think I would look for the Era100 over Port, Amp, 5 or Era300.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I use a Port.  I think you can find an older Connect s15 I believe that is S2 compatible.  With the ERA 100 out that is probably the way I would go now.  It is my understanding that you can use it as a Port almost, but then you also have a speaker if you ever desire. I think you could line in to the Era 100 and then select that as the source for whatever setup you like.