Question

Please explain what product will replace my Sonos ZP100

• 21 January 2020
  • 3 replies

When I bought my Sonos, it was the first one the store had sold other than the store owner’s. It was so new that they didn’t even charge me the full installation fee because they were learning how to set it up as they did it.  

I have a ZP 100,. The CR controller died years ago. My Zone player is connected to my stereo and its speakers. I control it from my desk top I mac and Alexa. We listen to playlists, our music library and TuneIn radio .  Having this system become obsolete is going to be a bit traumatic for my 73-year old husband, so I want to, as easily as possible, duplicate what I have now.  What component do I need to buy to trade up?   Will I simply be able to disconnect my Zone player and plug in a new component and connect it to my router, or will I need to hire a techie, to figure it out.  Having your technology become obsolete before you do is a hassle.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

If you are using it with a separate stereo, system,  the Sonos Port replaces the ZP100.  If just using it with speakers,  the Amp. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You would want to add the new Port before removing the old ZP 100, it is a simple process to add it and then swap wires and remove the ZP.

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1006?language=en_US

Make sure to take advantage of the Sonos Trade-up deal to save 30% on the new Port.

https://www.sonos.com/myaccount/user/offers/tradeup/

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I have a ZP 100..My Zone player is connected to my stereo and its speakers.

Normally a ZP100 wouldn’t be used in this way - that was the job of the ZP80 or ZP90. If you want a one-for-one replacement of the ZP100, then you need to buy a Sonos Amp. However, in the configuration you described, a Sonos Port seems more appropriate. I’d suggest you go and get some advice from a good reseller (not a big-box store).