Answered

Playing CD's through sonos speakers

I have bought one of the turntables through Sonos and am playing through my Sonos 1 speakers via a Port. Can anyone recommend a CD player that I can hook up in the same way please?

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 July 2022, 15:59

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

It’s not something I choose to use these days as, like a good many, I have ripped my CD’s to a NAS library a while ago instead and now use the online streaming services, but you may perhaps find this link useful to get you started:

https://www.whathifi.com/best-buys/hi-fi/best-cd-players

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

The port has standard audio input jacks, almost any component CD player will have matching outputs. 

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/port

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’m using my Marantz CD7300, the last remnant from my old music/surround set up, for this purpose. Works well.

Thank you for your helpful replies 

You’ll need a switch of some sort to select between Turntable and CD -- else you’ll be swapping cables.

My experience has been that, while certain people want the capability of playing CD’s as a sort of security blanket, other than kicking the tires on day one, the CD player is never used. If friends regularly drop by with CD’s, then a CD player is convenient.

DVD and Blu-ray players will play CD’s. If you have a SONOS soundbar, you could play CD’s through the TV. This is a bit annoying for me because CD players operate much faster than video players and I’m impatient. I’ve ripped all of my CD’s and don’t have a CD player connected. A ripped CD track starts playing in a fraction of a second and this satisfies my impatience.

Good advice thank you.

If friends regularly drop by with CD’s, then a CD player is convenient.

This is what makes the difference - it’s the only reason that I keep my CD player connected.