Answered

Perfect setup?

• 8 March 2021
  • 3 replies

I live in a pretty small loft. Like 300 sq. Basically a box. Currently I have a beam (attached to 55” tv) and 2 ‘stereo’ play 1s that are behind the couch. I have great sound in my place. But I want a little more….umf. I’m considering getting a sub. I just need help getting the ultimate setup to be really immersed in sound. I don’t have a lot of funds to drop. But was also looking at the arc, or another pair of play 1s for the front? Any suggestions?

icon

Best answer by Xander P 9 March 2021, 10:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Hi @Dan_gallo, welcome to the Sonos Community!

I’ve got the exact same current set up as you, and it does sound great :)

If I were to add more to my own setup, it would probably be a Sub - a friend of mine has the Arc which does sound beautiful, however the Beam already sounds really good, and adding that extra bass would have more of an impact in my opinion.

Perhaps some other members of the Community will have more experience to share regarding the sound of the Arc & Play:1s vs the Beam, Play:1s and Sub.

Edit: My coffee was still kicking in and I managed to miss your question regarding adding more front speakers - as mentioned by John B they wouldn’t sync properly for TV audio - only 2 surround speakers can be bonded to a Home Theater setup, and grouping further speakers would introduce a delay.

A few thoughts:

1. Adding more Ones at the front is not a practical option as they would not sync for TV sound.
  2. I assume you have played with the Beam’s EQ settings? 
  3. For music you have surrounds on FULL not AMBIENT?
  4. Have you experimented with relative volumes of Beam and surrounds (separate sliders for music and TV sound)?
Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I have this set up as well and as long as tou have them all linked to gether as a home theater surrounds that should be great. Depending on your tv and streaming or media you should get Dolby 5.1. Just make sure to check all of your settings. The upgrade to one or one sls is relatively minimal from your play 1s. No need to ho with fives in the back either. A sub would be the way to go.