Answered

New to Sonos

• 11 January 2022
  • 3 replies

So, I’m having an extension built and I’m looking for a good quality music system to have integrated. 
I’m looking at the Sonos Architectural. Just want to know how it works and if it’s worth the money.

TIA 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 11 January 2022, 23:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

You will use a Sonos Amp to power the Sonos Architectural speakers. One Amp can power up to six Architectural speakers (up to four non-Architectural speakers). Each Amp acts as a single zone. So if you want multiple zones, you need to use multiple Amps. You can control the speakers using the Sonos app or with a voice assistant like Amazon Alexa. If you use an iOS device, you can play audio to the Amp over AirPlay 2. You can also use Trueplay tuning to optimize the speakers for your room.

Read more here:
https://www.sonos.com/en-us/sonos-architectural

If you have the budget, it is definitely worth the money. And you can gradually expand your Sonos ecosystem to the rest of the house to have a whole-home audio system.

Thankyou so much for your advice 🤩 It’s definitely the best system I’ve looked at. Just needed the reassurance! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

One other thought if it’s a larger room and how much you use it would be to think about getting a Sub as well. It has the potential to greatly enhance the whole sound experience.