New Sonos system for a new apartment

• 22 September 2018
  • 5 replies

hello everyone, sorry for my english google.

I'm going to buy a system are multi rooms but I'm lost in the splendid models and possibilities
I have an apartment of about 100 square meters, I like to listen well to music, even vinyl.

I would like the music to feel good in the living room (open space) but I do not know whether to take:
2xplayOne + sub or 1xplay5 or beam or or or;)

the surround system is not mandatory but stereo yes

the television is 65 "4k and the furniture is very MINIMAL and I have the whole apple home kit system

thanks for the help and sorry again my english google ...

Vince

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Vince

If true stereo is your main priority then neither a Beam, Playbar/Playbase will give you what you want. That said I would consider Play 1 (P1) x 2 in stereo pair and Sub in the main area / a Play 1 in the dining area to augment or just for background during a meal. Then in whichever room is your bedroom I'd place a Sonos One (S1) with Alexa for voice control.

Another option (depending on your budget) for the main area would be Play 5 x 2 in stereo pair You probably would not need a sub and they could also deliver TV sound via a line-out from your TV to a line-in on a Play 5.

You might also consider placing the sub in front of the TV or on the left wall in front for excellent integration with speakers when listening to music .

I've attached a diagram to illustrate. With any of the above you can group rooms together to play the same audio.

Cheers!
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I have a single play:5 in my living room and it fills the room surprisingly well, especially if you use TruePlay tuning. If the stereo performance isn't ideal, you could supplement the play:5 with a pair of play:1s.
Thanks to everyone for your reply.
I like the solution provided by @AjTrek1 but I have a doubt. I also would like a voice control in the living room.
Can I put play1 and playOne in stereo pair or do I need to buy two PlayOne?
I live in Switzerland and the price difference is really low.

If I want to put all in playOne would that be possible considering that Alexa in this moment it's not available in Switzerland and considering that I use apple music and siri?

thank you for all your reply
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
I like the solution provided by @AjTrek1 but I have a doubt. I also would like a voice control in the living room.

If I want to put all in playOne would that be possible considering that Alexa in this moment it's not available in Switzerland and considering that I use apple music and siri?

I don't have physical access to a play:1 but I was able to remote desktop to my house, and initiate the stereo pairing process. It allowed me to select the play:1 and then a play one (why must they be named this way?) as a stereo pair. While I can't confirm that it didn't give an error message, the controller itself allows this to happen so it should work in theory.
Userlevel 7

You can only pair the Alexa enabled Sonos One to a Sonos One and a Play1 to a Play 1. Sorry I overlooked the fact that you are in Switzerland. Therefore investing in a Sonos One for Alexa may not be a good reason. However the Sonos One does support AirPlay 2.

Cheers!