New Home Setup

• 14 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Moving into a new home and want to integrate all my speakers and electronics. Could really use some help determining what components I may need to purchase and how the wiring should be set up. Luckily there is already a rack in the basement so I can centralize a lot of the equipment. Here is a list of what I want connected if anyone has the time to educate me. 

1. Sonos
    1. Playbar
    2. Sub G1
    3. One G2
    4.  One SL
  2. Non Sonos
    1. Record Player
    2. TV
    3. Alexa Device
    4. In ceiling speakers in two locations

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @TOMWW.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

We highly appreciate your interest in setting up and integrating Sonos into your new home.

You may reach out to our Sales Team for a more thorough discussion on the recommended setup to get your system started and what offer is available for you to take advantage of, since there may be a need to purchase a component. They have resources available on their system to answer your questions and provide you the best option you can take to get the most out of the product(s).

Furthermore, some of the community members might provide their own opinion and suggestion about this.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns, we are always here to help.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

You can connect the Playbar to the TV using the TV optical port, and bond the Sub to it. This can be used to play music also. The Ones can be used anywhere in the house that you desire to play music independently of the Playbar. You’ll need an Amp to drive the in-ceiling speakers. One Amp can probably drive both sets, but if you want to play the two rooms independently you’ll need a second Amp. The record player can be connected to an Amp, but you will need an external preamp if your turntable doesn’t have one. I assume the Alexa device can be used to start and stop music, but I’ve never used one, so I’m not sure.