Question

New construction - whole house Sonos system

• 23 February 2021
  • 1 reply

Hi everyone Im looking to get a sonos system for my whole house I am building.  Well at least for 90% of it.  Assuming budget really isnt an issue what you recommend for the following setup wants:

I can wire ethernet to any spot as walls are completely open or I have many wired access points going in for WiFi. 

My goal is to have the option of playing all zones with same music for parties or separate zones for daily kids/life etc.  

1. Kitchen speakers
  2. Dining Speakers 
  3. Main living area( 14 ft ceilings and very large room)
  4. outdoor patio
  5. around pool as separate zone from covered patio. 
  6. garage
  7. Master bedroom surround system

My main living area is probably going to have a 7.2 or 9.2 separate stand alone system for movies as I dont think the sonos is the best fir got dolby atmos given the large volume of ceilings/space.  But ill was thinking to put 2 or 4 sonos ceilings speakers in also to allow for the continuous and ease of use for large parties  

Any suggestions on the this set up?   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

In most of your rooms, garage, and patio, I think the best and cleanest option would be Sonos Architectural by Sonance speakers powered by Sonos Amps. There is an in-ceiling, in-wall, and outdoor speaker model. You can power up to six of these speakers with a single Sonos Amp. (Keep in mind that each Amp acts as a single zone.) If you need some added bass in certain rooms, you can add a Sonos Sub to any of your Amps.

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/sonos-architectural

If you need in-ground speakers for around the pool area, you can always get another brand of speakers and power them with the Sonos Amp so they are still part of the Sonos ecosystem. Or you can get a couple of Sonos Moves for outdoor portability, but be sure you have good Wi-Fi coverage in your pool area.

For your master bedroom, go with the Sonos Arc/Sub 5.1.2 setup.

I agree with your decision on the main living area especially if you want a 7.2 or 9.2 setup.