Answered

Multiroom with Teufel Speaker and Sonos.

• 22 April 2024
  • 6 replies

I'm currently using a Denon AVR with 5 Teufel speakers connected to the AVR with cables. The Samsung TV is connected to the AVR via ARC HDMI. Now I would like to transmit the TV sound in another room parallel to the 5 speakers. Which AVR / AMP do I need and is it even possible?

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 22 April 2024, 03:01

View original

6 replies

Which model receiver and speakers?

Userlevel 7

Hi

This is a Sonos community that deals with Sonos speakers and components. Judging by the wording of your post you don’t own any Sonos gear.

There is a Sonos product called the Sonos Port that can be connected to a 3rd party AV component and used to send audio from the AV component to other Sonos speakers. 

AVR X1400H

Teufel Ultima 40 surround

Userlevel 7

AVR X1400H

Teufel Ultima 40 surround

OK...that’s great information...but why are you here in a Sonos community? I’ll ask again...what Sonos gear do you own? At this point it appears you need at least one Sonos speaker in order to move forward. After verifying that then maybe we can assist. 

Yes that is correct. With my system I cannot play TV sound with my 5 boxes in parallel with wifi boxes. That's why I'm looking for a replacement for my AVR and prefer Sonos. I'm hoping for help with what can be done with a Sonos system

Userlevel 7

Hi 

Thanks for responding

You can connect a Sonos Arc or Beam2 to your TV via HDMI, HDMI ARC or HDMI eARC. Using either one you can add a pair of Era 300’s or Era 100’s as surrounds set to the rear. A Sonos sub can also be added. Now you have a complete Sonos home theater setup. *

For Music

• Stream your favorite music source to the Sonos home theater setup. The surrounds can be set to full stereo that auto-switch back to surround mode for movies.
  • If you want to keep your Denon setup you can add a Sonos Port to an available RCA or optical input to send Sonos streamed audio to it. By connecting RCA output from the Denon to RCA input on the Port you can send an attached audio source (CD or turntable) your Sonos speakers.

TV Audio

• Using either the Arc or Beam2 with an HDMI eARC connection provides Dolby Atmos. If using Era 300’s as surrounds you get complete immersion into Dolby Atmos. The Era 100’s do not support Dolby Atmos.
  • Sending TV audio that’s coming through the Arc or Beam2 to other Sonos speakers or to your Denon (via the Sonos Port) results in a 75ms delay causing an echo effect.

* HDMI ARC and HDMI eARC support CEC for two-way communication between Arc/Beam2 and a TV so equipped.