Answered

Move as a subwoofer

• 10 January 2021
  • 5 replies

I have an Amp powering four KEF Ventura 6 speakers on my patio. All four speakers face outward away from the house covering a pool area and a patio.  

The back of the house is about half a mile from a highway and I sometimes hear more road noise than I like so I run the speakers a lillte loud to drown out the road noise.

Can I place a Move opposite the KEFs (facing the house) and group them together to create a more “immersive” sound so I could run the KEFs at a lower volume? Will there be a lag?

icon

Best answer by jgatie 10 January 2021, 23:31

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @Mrw555

Welcome to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

Sonos Move is a portable device that you can place anywhere in your house. So long as your Sonos Move is connected to your WiFi network without interference, there'll be no interruption while playing music.

Sonos Amp has a 70s delay, and you may notice this when you group it with your Sonos Move. You may try to hardwire your Sonos Amp to test if there'll be improvements.

Hope this helps. We can wait for suggestions and feedback from our Sonos community members, they might provide their inputs about this. If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Thanks. Not sure what it means to hard wire the amp. It is wired to the outdoor speakers.

Hi @Mrw555

Welcome to the Sonos community and for letting us know about your concern. Let me help you with this.

Sonos Move is a portable device that you can place anywhere in your house. So long as your Sonos Move is connected to your WiFi network without interference, there'll be no interruption while playing music.

Sonos Amp has a 70s delay, and you may notice this when you group it with your Sonos Move. You may try to hardwire your Sonos Amp to test if there'll be improvements.

No, the Amp does not have a 70ms delay, and unless you are playing a TV source, it will always be in perfect sync with the Move.  The 70ms delay applies to the Line-In source only, and it does not affect grouped Sonos speakers.

Please, I beg of you.  Stop giving support that you know nothing about.  Also, have someone who knows about the product go over your scripts.

I just tried it. Works great. Sounds awesome. 

thx

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi folks,

@jgatie, thank you for your feedback and I stand corrected with the information. I really appreciate it.

@Mrw555, thank you for your response and for updating us. I’m glad that it works. Like @jgatie mentioned earlier, there’ll be no delays when you group your speakers. If you have any questions or run into any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us, we’ll be glad to assist you.