Mounting the Arc onto a TV stand not wall

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Ignoring the fact that I would be compromising the sound somewhat by covering part of the upward firing speakers…  I’m wondering if it is possible to mount the Arc to my TV stand using the Sanus TV mount and Arc mount?  Currently I have a Beam mounted to my TV stand using the Sanus TV mount and Beam mount and I would like to replicate this if possible.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

@snelld Sorry for the slow reply and thank you for bringing your question to us here in the Community. It may be possible to mount the Sonos Arc that way but not recommended. You would want to use this mount for your potential Arc purchase.

@snelld Did you end up mounting it with the Sanus TV mount and the ARC wall mount?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

No.  I am not the owner of an Arc as yet but will be trying this when I am (unsure at present when I will be).  I really don’t see why it would not physically work.

I have a similar question, I just bought the new Sonos Arc from a local retailer.  They are going to install the ARC with a new TV.  Both will be wall mounted.  The salesperson said that I did not need the Sonus mount for the Arc and sold me a Sanus SASB1 speaker mount that attaches the soundbar to the TV (mount).  Does that sound like the right solution for wall mounting the  sonos Arc? 

That appears to be a generic mount, which wouldn’t have the magnetic trigger necessary for the Arc to recognize the mount. Perhaps the installer has a solution planned already. 

This was my solution with the playbar mount I had and using a washer, M5x20mm screw knobs 

Correct me if I misinterpreted, but based on John G’s response from the Sonus Staff, anything other than wall-mounting of the Arc is NOT recommended.  Does this mean we should not mount to the TV?  Can the Arc upwardly fire audio if it is NOT wall-mounted?  Thanks

that is correct, unfortunately they don’t recommend mounting below but I don’t have an option…, I do have about a 2-3 inch gap that I hope allows for some of the upward audio but we’ll see. 

...specifically, Sanus is recommending the SASB1 TV mount for the Arc.  If I use that mount, how will it compromise performance of the soundbar?

Can someone please help with a recommendation?

I would like to mount my new SONOS ARC to an ONKRON TS 1881 TV cart.  There will be plenty of space beneath my Sony XRB65AG.

Ideally, I would like to connect it to the TV’s mount and have it extend out far enough to connect to the ARC. 

I have a SONOS wallmount for the ARC, but hesitate to jury-rig a method that I fear will not be secure.

The Community seems to be recommending the SASB1 TV mount.  Will this work for my circumstances?

I appreciate any consideration or suggestions.

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Can someone please help with a recommendation?

I would like to mount my new SONOS ARC to an ONKRON TS 1881 TV cart.  There will be plenty of space beneath my Sony XRB65AG.

Ideally, I would like to connect it to the TV’s mount and have it extend out far enough to connect to the ARC. 

I have a SONOS wallmount for the ARC, but hesitate to jury-rig a method that I fear will not be secure.

The Community seems to be recommending the SASB1 TV mount.  Will this work for my circumstances?

I appreciate any consideration or suggestions.

Thank you!

Did you get this working? Same boat. Did you end up using the SASB1?

Sony XBR-65X950H with Sonos Arc setup using Peerless PA762 Wall mount and Sanus SASB1-B1 Soundbar Mount.

Lessons Learned:

1. Keep Sony Metal TV spacers in TV
  2. Used 20 in. To 31 in. Recommended arm bracket setup in Sanus instruction manual
  3. Used M6x30 Screws to Sony TV.
  4. Used M5x16 Screws to Sonos Arc.
  5. Took longer than expected to figure  it all out (lots of trial and error for bracket setup and right spacer and screw combination - hence why I’m posting lessons learned).
  6. Definitely a 2-3 person job to put TV and Soundbar back onto the Wall Mount.

The Sonos will  stick out a but you’ll want that for the uppers to fire up.

Hope this posts makes things easier for others.