Question

Leviton system with Connect

• 23 April 2016
  • 2 replies

Hello,

My house has a Leviton HiFi2 system with ceiling speakers. There are 8 speakers on the main floor that are broken into 4 zones.

I can blue tooth or connect directly to the system with a head phone jack to play music. I currently use my old Nexus 4 as a source for the system.

I use a Leviton app (only works on Apple) to control the speaker volume.

I am looking at Sonos to become the central hub to the system and I would also like to add 2 WiFi speakers in two different areas.

So to me it looks like I would need a Connect and 2 Play5s. The Connect would be hard wired with Ethernet with a broadband connection and the speakers would connect wireless into my Wifi network. WiFi coverage is solid where I need the speakers.

Would I plug in an Ethernet cable, power and then a headphone jack between the Connect and the Leviton system?

Will Sonos be able to control the speaker zones (4 existing and 2 new for the Play5s) and volume of all the speakers?

Can I use multiple devices like tablets and phones to control the system. We use both Android and Apple.

Thanks in advance for you help

Cheers.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Two problems, the Connect doesn't have a headphone jack, you would need an rca cable from the Connect to the leviton system. The main problem is that one connect will only provide one stream to the speakers, so you won't be able to play different music in different areas run through the leviton and the Sonos won't be able to control the volume of the individual areas only an overall volume.

The Sonos app runs on Apple and android.
My house has a Leviton HiFi2 system with ceiling speakers. There are 8 speakers on the main floor that are broken into 4 zones.
I am looking at Sonos to become the central hub to the system and I would also like to add 2 WiFi speakers in two different areas.

Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I'm curious about a couple things.

1. How do you like the Hi-Fi 2 system? I am considering purchasing one and have been a little concerned about the lack of reviews or first-hand experiences I've been able to find. We're moving into a new house and I am considering the 8-zone version with a combination of existing inputs (TVs, radio tuners, streaming devices, etc.).

2. I am also considering adding a couple Sonos Connects as inputs to provide streaming and also perhaps Bluetooth streaming via an attached receiver. Did you end up going with the plan you described above using the Connect as an input? Any feedback?

Thanks for any info!