Kitchen + Living room Multiroom Architectural set-up

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi all,

I am renovating a old house of >100 years and I am thinking about the audio set-up.

I would like to have a nice audio system in the kitchen - Dining room - Sun room which will be an open space in which we will spend a lot of time.

The dining room ceiling cannot be modified but their will be dropped ceilings in kitchen and sun room.

I was thinking about putting pairs of Sonance in-ceiling in kitchen and sun room and a pair of In-wall in the dining room. Maybe later adding a Sub somewhere in the space if I feel the need (and have the budget….).

This is a rather expensive set-up, probably with 2 Amp (one for the 4 in-ceilings and one for the in-walls) so I want to make it right.

What do you think and do you have any better suggestions?

Thank you!!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you use the Sonos/Sonance speakers you can hook all six to a single Amp.

Your locations don’t look bad.

I would consider adding volume controls to each speaker so you can fine tune the sound levels in each space.

Thank you Stanley_4,

I read somewhere that it is not possible to get Trueplay when hooking In-ceiling and In-walls on the same Amp, that is why I was considering 2 Amps.

What kind of volume controls would you recommend?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’d call support and get an official answer to the Trueplay question.

I can’t recommend a volume control from personal experience. I’d ask the Sonos Support folks that question too.

Trueplay does not make any sense with all of the speakers on a single AMP because the spaces are very different.

The ability to control Volume in each area is important. This could be done with separate AMPS’s or in-wall Volume controls for each pair of speakers.