Answered

Is port the most efficent option to add to sonance outdoor / so os amp

• 16 April 2022
  • 4 replies

We’re new to the Sonos world and just installed the sonance outdoor 6 speaker / sub package that included the Sonos amp.  We’ve also got two Yamaha outdoor speakers mounted on our back porch and a surround sound receiver that is connected to our TV and ceiling speakers in our main room.  Trying to figure out the most efficient method to sync the two outdoor speakers on our patio and the surround sound system inside to the Sonos amp to create two additional “zones” to our existing sonance zone - any suggestions? It looks like I could get a Sonos port to sync one or both of those? Or would I need one port for each of those?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 17 April 2022, 11:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Assuming the two zones mentioned are connected to the one Receiver then ‘Yes’ a Port can be added as an audio input/output to that Receiver to play to either/both Zones (assuming it supports multi-zone output).

Here are the ‘Port’ RCA Analog and Coax Digital connections to check against your Receiver:

OK thanks for the input - so if I understand right, the indoor surround sound receiver should be able to connect to the Sonos port and allow for the ceiling speakers connected to that receiver to be included as an additional “zone” but I’m not sure about the two independent outdoor Yamaha speakers - they are just two speakers with dual black/red speaker wire so I am not sure how I could integrate them to my Sonos system?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

In Sonos speak the Port connected to the surround sound receiver is a “room”, not a “zone”. You could integrate the Yamaha outdoors with an extra Sonos Amp, or possibly connect them to the surround sound receiver as en extra zone - some receivers have this possibility. Be reminded the Port can only deliver one stream to the receiver, so both receiver zones will have the same music.