Answered

is a boost the answer?

Hi,

i have a lot of different Sonos models in my House, all connected via wifi from a wifi-6 Mesh router set-up.

Some speakers are in pair-connection and others are alone in a Room.

Sometimes when i play Music on all speakers, There is a short lack of Sound from one or more of the speaker/speakers.

sometimes just one speaker from a paired connection looses the Sound for a minute or so, and other times it’s just random which Room loses the Sound.

I’m i the only one the experience this?

and is There a smart solution to this, Sonos boost or something Else?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 26 May 2021, 00:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you able to connect any of your speakers directly to the main router with an ethernet cable? This would essentially be the same as getting a Sonos Boost.

To add to @GuitarSuperstar’s response, it’s frequently a case of wifi interference. It may be worth reading through that FAQ to see if any of the solutions presented there help you. And as suggested, you could test the whole “will a BOOST help” by doing the suggested test. 

Are you able to connect any of your speakers directly to the main router with an ethernet cable? This would essentially be the same as getting a Sonos Boost.

Hi,

thanks for the tip.

i have now tried to connect one of the speakers directly to the router, But i still have some issues With “Sound falling out”.

• is There something in ‘settings’ i Need To change in order for this to work?

best Regards 

Nicklas