Answered

indoor/outdoor sonos setup

• 15 April 2017
  • 4 replies

Badge
Hello, I am wanting to enter the wireless world and free up some real estate and clean up our old ,but trusty multizone home theatre.I am looking at purchasing a Playbar, Sub, 2 Play 5's for rears and a connect amp to power my weather rated outdoor speakers. I like to have the ability to listen to music outside in stereo, while the wife or kids are watching tv or a movie in surround inside. We also enjoy watching movies or tv outside in the hot summer months through our big window where we see the tv...while hangin out in the pool...just in stereo is fine with just the two outdoor speakers. Is this possible with the sonos? With my yamaha rxv 2500..I just hit watch tv outside and with harmony remote it would switch automatically and voila! Just wondering if it would do it and if its not to encumbersome to do so before I make this awefully large purchase...cheers and thank you for any help.
icon

Best answer by jdag 15 April 2017, 15:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11
Yes, this will work easily. You start the TV program, then group the zones. Anything that plays in the TV zone can be pushed to any other zone. I do just that.

1 thing...if your rears are going to be used almost exclusively with TV audio, then Play:5s are overkill as surrounds. If you plan to use them for music, then it is of course your call. But the Play:1s as surrounds, especially because you are going to have a Sub, likely will more than fit the bill (and save you about $600 for speakers you can add to other parts of your home).
Badge
Yes, this will work easily. You start the TV program, then group the zones. Anything that plays in the TV zone can be pushed to any other zone. I do just that.

1 thing...if your rears are going to be used almost exclusively with TV audio, then Play:5s are overkill as surrounds. If you plan to use them for music, then it is of course your call. But the Play:1s as surrounds, especially because you are going to have a Sub, likely will more than fit the bill (and save you about $600 for speakers you can add to other parts of your home).
Badge
Thank you very much jdag for the info! I was gonna get 2 5s but now just listening to the bar and sub...which I got a steal of a deal..1000.00 cdn , brand new i must add...is absolutely phenomenal! I will be playing music while not watching a movie...but I think after what I have heard thus far... a couple 1 or maybe couple 3s will be plenty!...cheers for the response as well!:)
I have play 3 for surround- recommended if you also listen to music with them as well.