in cieling speaker connenction

• 12 December 2020
  • 6 replies

• Contributor I
  • 4 replies

Just moved into a new home with 4 ceiling speakers already installed in my living room. I use a Beam under my tv right now but wonder if getting an amp for the ceiling speakers is worth it. Any recommendations?

Thanks. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @BBW.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. Allow me to help you out with your inquiry.

The Sonos Amp would be your best choice to integrate the ceiling speakers into your Sonos system. The Sonos Amp already has a built-in amp that can power up to 125 Watts per channel @ 8 Ohms. As long as those ceiling speakers fit the Sonos Amp’s power capacity, the Sonos Amp would have no problems powering up those speakers and you would be able to maximize the power output of the speakers.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or concerns. I’ll be more than happy to help you out with that.

Thanks,

Thanks!  Does the Beam act as the front speaker in this setup, or do I remove it?

Sorry, I actually have the Arc, not beam. I’m new to this!!!!

All Sonos sound bars, including the Arc, are the three front speakers, right, center and left. There is no way to make the sound bar only a center speaker, and send the right and left to other speakers.

I appreciate helpful responses. 

Seems like it probably is not worth getting the amp if I am only hooking up the back two ceiling speakers (Not even sure how the two would sound coming from the ceiling). Maybe I just spend the money on a sub instead. 

I appreciate THE helpful responses. Sorry for the typo.