Question

in ceiling speaker placement - numbers + L/R pair or stereo

• 16 December 2020
  • 1 reply

hi i am having trouble deciding on the ceiling speaker placement… i did look at a few previous post but they are all slightly different and i would like to make sure.

We have an open ish floor plan. and looking to have in-ceiling speakers for 3 zone ambient music.

1. Zone1: lower left part there is living room (16x15), which i was thinking to have 2 pairs of L/R in-ceilling speakers.
  1. Zone2: Family room is at the upper right, and i am thinking to have the sonos arc set for watching TV (tv will be on the right side of the wall).
  2. Zone3: My main question is for kitchen, which is on the lower right. right now i have 1 pair of L/R speakers, but i wonder if i put a small table between living room and island for dinning, will the L/R be very unbalanced (2L from living room, 1R from kitcken? or i am over thinking here and don’t really need to worry about it because it is ambient music anyway? if this is indeed will be unbalanced and a bad idea… 
    1. Is it better if i put 4 on the right side? i also try to avoid over spending as the architectural speakers are also expensive themselves… 
    2. if i keep 1 pair, should they be wired each as single stereo speakers? 
    3. if i keep 1 pair, is it better if i put one in the center of the kitchen on the other side of the island so instead of left right of the island, make it top/down of the island? and this will likely be wired each as single stereo speakers?

Suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @heavenwenzi.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

It would be best to reach out to our Sales Team, for they have all the resources to give you the best answer and discuss it with you in real-time. You may give them a call or send an email with the image of your floor plan for assessment and to provide you the best option.

In addition, some of the community members might provide their suggestions and recommendations about this anytime soon.

If you have any questions,  feel free to reach out.