Answered

IKEA Symfonisk and Arc connection to turntable

• 21 February 2021
  • 5 replies

All, 

New to Sonos... We bought two IKEA Symfonisk speaker and got the Arc for X-mas. Have them all connected and love them. I have a vast record collection and want to be able to connect my turntable to the Sonos network. I’ve read online and it seems nearly impossible save RasberryPi and I’m not tech savvy to even attempt. I’m willing to update my turntable or try bridging (RCA to HMI) or whatever. I’m looking for suggestions, ideas, some way for me to not have to add another set of speakers. Would buying a used Connect be an option with the newer speakers-is it even compatible? I’ve read the other posts but was hoping there is something else outside dropping another $500+ on another Sonos speaker. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 21 February 2021, 20:42

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

You can add your turntable to your Sonos system by connecting it to a Sonos Port (or discontinued Sonos Connect Gen 2). https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3548?language=en_US

Any idea if a Connect Gen 1 will work?

Userlevel 7

A Connect Gen 1 is only compatible with the Sonos S1 app so you wouldn’t be able to use it with the Sonos Arc which requires the S2 app.

Appreciate it thanks! Found a dozen used Gen 1 online, so far no Gen 2.

You could also connect the turntable (with appropriate preamp) to a Sonos PLAY:5 Gen 2, or a Sonos  Five, both of which can operate under S2. They both have an analog line in as well.