Question

If you already owned a P1 and a P3, would you get an additional P1 or a P3 for stereo pair for medium sized room?

• 28 October 2017
  • 5 replies

Badge +3
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 13 replies
I currently own a P1 and a P3 and I am thinking of creating a stereo pair for a medium size (social) room.

Would you spend $200 or an additional P1 or $300 for an additional P3 in order to create a stereo pair in that room?

Any feedback and thoughts would be appreciated!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

If it was me at this point in time I would go with the P1. There should be some good deals on them during November and they provide plenty of sound for a medium size room.
I agree: a play 1 stereo pair sounds very good and it also leaves you the 3 for another space, that sounds better to many people compared to the 1, particularly when played singly.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
I was going to get a Play 5 for my office, and I'm REAL glad I opted for a pair of Play 1's. Stereo sounds SO MUCH better than just one speaker. If you're not going to be seriously cranking it up, you'll be fine with a pair of Play 1's. When I'm the only one home and I'm in my office, I like to crank it up, so I'm gonna replace my 1's with 3's. To each his own, I guess. 😃
Define medium size? I love my Gen2 Play:5 in my study (2.5mx3.5m), sometimes think it sounds better than my Playbase in the bedroom...
Badge +3
> Define medium size? I love my Gen2 Play:5 in my study (2.5mx3.5m), sometimes think it sounds better than my Playbase in the bedroom...

I would assume that a Play:5 sounds better than a Playbase, right? Since of the hardware and size?

Or.. is the general agreed upon that a Playbase sounds better than a P5?

I haven't actually investigated what people think regarding Playbase vs P5.