Answered

How worth it is the upgrade to sonos ceiling speakers? (depth issue)

• 8 May 2022
  • 1 reply

A little background information.  My current setup is a sonos arc, sonos gen 3 sub, sonos amp powering speakercraft Crs6 roof speakers.  I have sonos in ceiling speakers (purchased before I bought the house the setup is in) and found I have a mounting depth issue for the ceiling speakers.  The sonos ceiling speakers need 4.75” depth and I have 4”.  I am very handy with wood working and could make trim rings to drop down the ceiling speakers 3/4” but I guess my question is: is it even worth the trouble?  Are the sonos in Ceiling speakers going to be worth it for the true play tuning or should I just get a different high end lower profile roof speaker?

icon

Best answer by James L. 9 May 2022, 14:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Badge +17

Hi @techniciandan,

I think this will be a case of personal preference here. TruePlay can make some great adjustments in some spaces, and minor, less noticeable changes in others. 

I personally like the sound of the Sonance In-Ceiling speakers and TruePlay tuning them did make a decent bit of difference in our test lab here. 

If there’s a way to temporarily mount the speakers to try them out for a while without having to make permanent adjustments then I’d encourage you to do that, so you can hear them for yourself.