Answered

How to get Port to output to a Niles SI-1230 amp?

• 13 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I mistyped Play instead of Port (it won’t let me edit the title).

I currently have a Marantz M-CR610 receiver running 1 pair of room speakers and connected to a Niles SI-1230 amp that’s running to 6 other rooms.

My plan was to swap out the Marantz with a Sonos Amp (which is on backorder still).  Then run a Port to the Niles amp.

I can’t get the Port to get any sound to play out of the Niles amp, turned up all the volumes to max as well.  I connected the Port L/R audio out to the Niles L/R main bus input (line level inputs).

I have each channel bridged on the Niles amp and tried also turning up the level limiter to max as well.

I can connect the Port to the Marantz, connecting to the Audio 1 line in and it plays just fine setting the Marantz input source to Audio 1.

What am I missing?

icon

Best answer by ILauder 13 February 2021, 22:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

What is a “Play”?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Opps, I meant Sonos Port.  Its supposed to be the product meant to connect to an existing system like this vs the Amp that would go directly to driving a pair or two of speakers. 

Userlevel 7

Read through this article and make sure you didn’t miss anything setting up the Port: https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3652?language=en_US

Userlevel 1
Badge

Got it figured out.  I was never using the 3.5mm plug option to auto turn on the amp but I plugged one into the Port and changed the amp switch to use the 3.5mm option, but there are two 3.5mm ports on the back of the amp and the one I plugged it into wasn’t the right one even though the red and green lights were active on the front of the amp.   Got it working now.