Question

How to connect Sonos to two Sonance DAB1 Distributed Audio systems and 15 built-in speakers?

• 20 October 2020
  • 1 reply

We had several Sonos speakers before we bought our house with a Sonance system with two DAB1s and 15 built-in speakers through out the house. We’d love to be able to control the system with our sonos app and stream our music and were told a Sonos AMP system could do this. Is this true and would we need an AMPs for each DAB1? Would this allow us to get the best of Sonos functionality and leverage the existing Sonance system?

Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Not 100% sure I understand your question, so my apologies if I don’t give you the correct information. Especially as I’m not familiar with the term DAB1.

Each Sonos Amp is designed to drive a single pair of stereo speakers, nominally of 8 amps. Sonos has worked with Sonance so that the Sonance line of speakers can be driven, I believe, 4 to an Amp...but all 4 would be playing the same source.

So, in general, depending on how many speaker pairs you have (typically set up as a ‘room’), you would need one Sonos Amp for each. That way, each ‘room’ would be able to play either the same stream, by grouping the rooms in the Sonos software, or individual streams in each ‘room’.