Answered

How do I make Sonos Beam louder?

• 20 September 2021
  • 4 replies

I have a Beam used only for music - ie playing YouTube music.  I’m happy with the quality of sound but would like it to be louder. What’s the best speaker/s I could add to it to make it louder? Thank you. 

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 20 September 2021, 18:16

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

If the Beam is connected to a TV, you could add a Sonos Sub and/or a pair of Sonos One SLs as surround speakers to the Beam. This will also give you a much better audio experience when watching TV/movies. If you add the surrounds, be sure to set Music Playback under the Surround Audio setting to Full in the Sonos app.

If the Beam is not connected to a TV, you might consider adding a Sonos Five or a pair of Fives to your room. You would then group the Fives with the Beam in the Sonos app for a more room-filling music experience.

Brilliant - thank you. It’s only to listen to music from our phones. Can I ask something else please - I also want to play CDs through the Beam and whichever extra speaker/s I get. Can you tell me is this possible and if so is there a CD player you would recommend? Thank you for any advice. 

Userlevel 7

To connect a CD player, you need a Sonos device/speaker with a line-in port. Your best option would either be a Sonos Five or Sonos Port. Read more here:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/1080?language=en_US

If you don’t need anything fancy, you can use a simple portable CD player with an AUX OUT or LINE OUT. You could also use an inexpensive DVD or Blu-ray player as a CD player and connect it to the Port or Five.

If you want something a little nicer, this Cambridge Audio AXC35 player has received great reviews:

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_779AXC35/Cambridge-Audio-AXC35.html

Thank you that’s really helpful it’s exactly what I needed to know.