Help me with room configuration

• 15 August 2022
  • 1 reply

Hey guys truly supernew to this forum. But i throw out a question. I’m building and extension and want to have nice sound in the rooms. Thinking ceiling speakers in the rooms and a woffer and a bar in the livingroom to make the movies come to life. Using the ceiling ones as back speakers. Any toughts? 
 Thanks!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Ceiling speakers are best in places where there is no specific listening area or sound stage, like in a kitchen or bathroom, or maybe a game room with a pool table in the middle kind of thing.  They are not so good for surround sound speakers either as the audio is supposed to be coming from behind you.  While I get the aesthetic appeal of ceiling speakers, I would avoid them in places where they aren’t the best option for audio.

Looking at your floorplan, assuming a TV will be on the ‘top’ wall with an Arc below it, this makes sense.  I would use Sonos Ones for rear speakers.  Not sure what the short red line is.

It looks like you have single ceiling speakers in the bathroom and hallway.  You can run those off a single amp if they are to play the same audio, same volume all the time.  I would make them ‘stereo’ or ‘4 wire’ speakes so they each play stereo, rather than mono, but you are fine either way.

I’m not sure what the purpose of the bottom room is, so can’t comment on it well.