Answered

help designing sonos solution for large areas indoor and outdoor

• 10 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I have a large indoor room (kitchen/living/dining combo almost 1000 sq ft) and would like accomplish 2 things with Sonos:  1.  Greatly enhance sound quality of TV sound but don’t need a truly immersive experience.  2.  Play music while cooking and entertaining. 

I also have a large outdoor covered deck. Want to accomplish exact same goals outside as above stated for indoor room. Outdoor area is 1050 sq ft 

What would you recommend?  Thanks very much!!!

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 12 October 2023, 16:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi

I (as I’m sure other communuity members would also) love to assist you in designing your dream Sonos system for your space. However, 1000 sq ft doesn’t tell us much except that the space is 1000 sq ft. 🙂

We’d like to know if the space is square, rectangle, L-shaped or something else. Are there dividers between the rooms in the space. How high are the ceilings. 

If you are able submitting a diagram of the floor plan would be most helpful. Doesn’t need to be perfect..just show a general idea of the space. Do you want music IN the dining area or just audible (ambient). Also, would like to know where seating areas may be for TV viewing and where the TV may be located.

Regarding the deck...a simple diagram would be helpful as well. Also, is the space free of support columns; if not showing their location is helpful.

Willing to help just need a few more details 🙂

Thank you for the reply. After realizing that I didn’t even know how to attach a diagram to this post it became pretty clear to me that I should hire someone to do this for me. 😂😂

Userlevel 7

Thank you for the reply. After realizing that I didn’t even know how to attach a diagram to this post it became pretty clear to me that I should hire someone to do this for me. 😂😂

No worries 🙂

If know someone maybe they can help you attach a diagram of the floor plan. It should also show cabinets and any built-ins.

Consulting a pro-installer is always a good idea. However, if you can attach the floor plan we may be able to show recommended speakers and suggested placement. May save you a consult fee? The help process will most likely take a few back and forth to provide a workable plan. Other knowledgeable members will also provide their advice/recommendations.