Answered

Has the Sonos One SL got the same increased memory and faster processor present in the Sonos One Voice Version Gen 2?

• 26 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +4

Has the Sonos One SL got the same increased memory and faster processor present in the Sonos One Voice Version Generation 2?

Is it best to stereo pair a Sonos One SL with a Sonos One Voice speaker - or stereo pair two Sonos One Voice Speakers together?

Is the Sonos One SL being discontinued?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 May 2023, 20:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Since the One SL was released about six months AFTER the One (Gen 2), I would imagine the One SL has the same updated internals.

If you want to use a voice assistant, there is no extra benefit to have two Ones. So to save money, the best option would be to use a One and a One SL as a stereo pair. If you don’t need a voice assistant, just get two One SLs.

The One SL is probably being discontinued as it is now eligible for the 15% credit with the Sonos Upgrade Program.

Also, 

There may be an update to that later post, but I didn’t find it….

Badge +4

Thank you. There is some excellent and really helpful advice from both of you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Also, 

There may be an update to that later post, but I didn’t find it….

I haven’t updated the memory graph in a while because there’s isn’t much point now everything is S2-only. Plus my Excel skills aren’t great and getting it to look decent with so many more devices was beyond my abilities.

Trust me, I wasn’t suggesting that you should, just pointing that some data was available ;)