Question

Hardwired speakers with Sonos?

• 6 November 2020
  • 1 reply

Hi, I am interested in buying a Sonos system for the 16 hardwired speakers in the ceilings of my house. They are in 5 different areas. (4 outdoor on my Deck, 4 in Living room & kitchen, 4 in upstairs rumpus room, 2 in study & 2 in main bedroom).  I want to be able to play music in all rooms at once and also to just play it in certain areas while other rooms stay quiet. I am just wondering is it possible to connect all these? And what Sonos hardware do i need to buy if so? 

Cheers Ben

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Bennyfab.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us. I understand you are looking for answers on how to set up all speakers so that either you can play on some of them and/or all of them at the same time while others will/will not have music/audio. Let me help you out.

What you would need is a Sonos Amp. Allow me to share with you the Sonso Amp’s limitations, functionalities, guidelines, and specifications to better understand how the Sonos Amp works. As long as those speakers would fit the Sonos Amp’s power capabilities which is 125 Watts per channel @ 8 ohms. You can directly connect the speakers to the Sonos Amp. I would also like to add that 1 Sonos Amp = 1 music at any given point in time. meaning either you can set them up 1 room/Sonos Amp or 1 pair of speakers connected to 1 Sonos Amp. You may also want to get in touch with our sales team @+18006802345 option 4 to be able to know how to take advantage of any product on sale from our website.

I hope this helps.

Please let us know if you still have further questions or concerns. We are always here to help.

Thanks,