Answered

Focus my system on music

• 24 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi! 

I am using playbar and sub with two play 3s as a rear. Movies are  excellent but muaic is lacking. The 3's and sub sound really good but the fact they are behind my seating position puts me in a "inverted" sweet spot. Granted, i do not have the urge to listen to muaic in stereo ofren, but still i like to enjoy it from time to time.

What would you do of the folowing:

1. Buy a pair of ones and put as rears and.move the play 3s on either side of the tv and use them for.music

2. Buy a pair of ones and put them on either side of tv and use them for music

3. Buy a single five and use it for music only

4. Buy a move for.music only

Thank you

Neven

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 24 August 2022, 14:15

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’d go with option 2. You might also want to try removing the Sub from the home theatre setup and bond it to the stereo pair, to see what it adds musically. But be prepared to have to find space for 2 Subs in the room! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I’d go with option 2. You might also want to try removing the Sub from the home theatre setup and bond it to the stereo pair, to see what it adds musically. But be prepared to have to find space for 2 Subs in the room! 

Thank you. It seems stereo ones beats single five. Ideally i would buy a pair of fives but its just too pricey. If a mini sub comes, it would be an answer to my preyers and make a killer combo with a pair of ones.

Tell me, why have you dismissed the Move?

Neven

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

You talk about “stereo music listening” in your post. 2xOne’s gives you that, at the cost of 1xMove. You can position the Ones to give you a sweet stereo listening spot. A single speaker - even a single Five - struggles to give that stereo sound separation. Plus, if you are seated central to the TV, a single speaker wants to go in that location! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I’d go with option 1. The Play 3’s (though I must admit I have no experience with them) seem better suited for stereo music and then you can use the One’s (if you have intrest in voice commands a one One SL and a One, since the microphone of only one of the rears is used for voice with a Playbar) for rears.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

You talk about “stereo music listening” in your post. 2xOne’s gives you that, at the cost of 1xMove.

Valid point there.

You can position the Ones to give you a sweet stereo listening spot. A single speaker - even a single Five - struggles to give that stereo sound separation. Plus, if you are seated central to the TV, a single speaker wants to go in that location! 

I was thinking of lugging the move around the house but then again with two ones i can cover two rooms.

Neven

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I’d go with option 1. The Play 3’s (though I must admit I have no experience with them) seem better suited for stereo music and then you can use the One’s (if you have intrest in voice commands a one One SL and a One, since the microphone of only one of the rears is used for voice with a Playbar) for rears.

Yes i do think ones will become my rears eventually. And in the very begining i had two play 3s (not in stereo) at the opposite sides of the flat. So, maybe stereo imaging is not top priority. I would just like to have a unit separated from my home theater setup. Thats why i am considering either a move, a five or a pair of ones (one sonos one would not be loud enough)

Thanks for the input

Neven

I go with option 1.  3s are a bit overkill for surround sound duty,  And you will get a bit better audio out of the 3s for music then Ones.  The only reason I would do this is if you want to use voice control with Ones for your music setup, or it just doesn’t look as good in your room.

A simple Move sounds good, but not as good as a stereo pair.  If you want to regularly use it outside, then it’s a good compromise.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

I go with option 1.  3s are a bit overkill for surround sound duty,  And you will get a bit better audio out of the 3s for music then Ones.  The only reason I would do this is if you want to use voice control with Ones for your music setup, or it just doesn’t look as good in your room.

I got used to play 3s as my surrounds but I do think ones look much better. 

A simple Move sounds good, but not as good as a stereo pair. 

Youtuber Peter Pee ranks single move higher than single play 3, volume and quality wise that would suffice .

If you want to regularly use it outside, then it’s a good compromise.

I doubt i would use it much outside, but voice control.for music... yes please.

Thanks for your opinion

Neven