Can I Buy only one Architectural Speaker?

Badge +1

I have two Sonos Architectural speakers that are powered by the Sonos amp. If like to buy one more, but I only see options to buy in pairs. Is there a resource for only purchasing one to add to my existing system?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Evidently not. They’re sold in pairs for a reason: to connect to Amp and provide a balanced stereo listening experience.

How would you connect this single speaker? If it’s in parallel with another, on a single channel, it’s likely to upset the sound balance. 

Userlevel 7

Evidently not. They’re sold in pairs for a reason: to connect to Amp and provide a balanced stereo listening experience.

How would you connect this single speaker? If it’s in parallel with another, on a single channel, it’s likely to upset the sound balance. 

Connecting three speakers would probably work fine in Dual Mono mode, but I don’t believe it is possible to just purchase one speaker.

You might, however, check with the manufacturer of that speaker, Sonance. Just because they limit their sales partner Sonos to selling pairs doesn’t always mean they won’t ‘do you a favor’….

Badge +1

Yes, I currently have my other two connected to my amp. I have two in my backyard. And would like a singular for my front yard. That's too bad they don't offer it.